Sunday, June 10, 2012

Natalie becomes Cathy Barwick



I have been spending the past week at the Des Moines Playhouse learning a play called Yearbook! It is a tradition at the Playhouse and is about going through the stresses and smiles and other things at school! It has been a great week! The part I am playing is a girl named Cathy Barwick. In my scene, I am fearing going to go to take pictures of a certain hallway with a gossiped name of  "the jock block".  Cathy tells her traumatizing dream she had and the scene goes through the whole thing. It is supposed to be overblown! She is in quote "brutally ordered by her yearbook editor to venture down jock block!"She is scared out of her wits. So now she is terrified to go down jock block because of her dream! It has been so fun and I have met a ton of friends. We have rehearsed a ton of lines and are excited to perform Friday afternoon!
Remember, it only takes a smile!
Pretty in Pink!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Good luck with your performance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Mrs Goerend! I enjoyed my performance and loved having strobe lights and sound effects in my scene! I will have to tell you about my next up coming performances!

      Delete